Monday, May 02, 2011

No Jimmy Carter

I know a lot of folks like to compare Obama to Jimmy Carter these days. But compare Jimmy Carter's failed hostage rescue attempt Operation Eagle Claw with Obama's successful killing of Osama. Of course in these matters one must not only be good but also lucky. Now if only economics worked that way as well. Of course Obama is starting out with the handicap of being no good at it. So it is difficult to tell how much luck would avail.

One thing that was done right in the operation was to limit the amount of equipment required for the mission to be a success. Of course there were no hostages to rescue and only one body to bring out. Still, as some wag put it: For the first time in the Obama Presidency I'm proud of my President. And as a Navy Man I must say that I'm very proud of my service today. I'll go with what is flying on every jack staff of the US Navy since 9/11:

Don't Tread On Me



Cross Posted at Classical Values

1 comment:

LarryD said...

At the very least, Obama did not muck up the operation the military devised, and he could have.

Credit where credit is due.

I wish he were handling the aftermath better, though.