Tuesday, November 23, 2010

It Is Way Worse Than That

As usual I'm trying to talk sense with one of my solipsistic social conservative friends. Rough slog that. You can't reason with faith. I'm trying to figure out if that is a bug or a feature.

Well my friend is questioning the libertarian "faith" which is an interesting way to describe a political philosophy. If I do have the libertarian "faith" I arrived at it through reason. Credo quia absurdum is not a libertarian mode of thought. In fact libertarians despise it.

Libertarianism if it is a moral position is a negative one. Leave people alone if they are not initiating force or fraud.

DRUG WAR = BIG GOVERNMENT

And the Drug War is the prototype for many rights violations now impacting the general public. And you are powerless. The precedents have been set and when they were being set you were silent or cheered them on. Them dopers deserved it. Well now so do you.

Whatever you did to the least of these, you did to Me.

It is way worse than that my friend. You have done it to yourself.

Or to mix my religious metaphors: Karma is a bitch. Don't like being bitch slapped? Most unfortunate.

There is a reason us small government types favor small limited government without exception. It is safer that way. For all concerned.

Cross Posted at Classical Values

No comments: