Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Climategate The Book

Steve Mosher (an online friend of mine) has written a book about the unfolding of the ClimateGate Story. From the first discovery of the files to the world wide reactions to the e-mail and data release.

Climategate: The Crutape Letters (Volume 1)

Here is what Anthony Watts has to say about the book:

I’ve read the book, and it appears to be an accurate and detailed portrayal of the history not only of the Climategate events and the players, but also of the events leading up to it. I’m flattered that this book mentions me and my surfacestations project several times. I was interviewed for the book, and this website is featured prominently–and they borrowed liberally from both the posts and the comments.

For those of you that want to follow a detective story, this one has as the twists and turns of Mickey Spillane with a Hardy Boys approach to a matter of fact story line. I highly recommend it.

This book is being published in electronic downloadable form, and is available for purchase online. You’ll recognize the authors as regulars here and at Climate Audit. Please consider purchasing this book, as it will provide funds to get Mosh out of the flat in San Francisco he shares with Charles The Moderator, who are becoming the climatic odd couple of our time.
Moshpit (as his friends know him) has a wicked sense of humor besides being a real brainiac. His on line writing can be deep (for very technical subjects) or breezy and easy to understand when covering human foibles. Since this book is of the later variety (for the most part) I expect a good read.

I can't wait to get my copy. And Volume 1? Does that mean a sequel? Here is hoping.

Cross Posted at Classical Values

No comments: