Friday, April 18, 2008

I Choose My Friends Carefully

Barry The Big O had a few Dreams from His Father.

To avoid being mistaken for a sellout,I chose my friends carefully.The more politically active black students.The foreign students.The Chicanos.The Marxist Professors and the structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets.We smoked cigarettes and wore leather jackets.At night,in the dorms,we discussed neocolonialism,Franz Fanon,Eurocentrism,and patriarchy.When we ground out our cigarettes in the hallway carpet or set our stereos so loud that the walls began to shake,we were resisting bourgeois society's stifling constraints.
Well of course. And fortunately we have another example of him throwing off bourgeois society's stifling constraints. And I have a name for it. Fingergate. What else did you expect?

Cross Posted at Classical Values

No comments: