Saturday, August 12, 2006

Anti-Zionist

I must be getting popular. The anti-Zionists have shown up. Let us see what a revered Christian Minister had to say about the anti-Zionists:

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.:

". . . You declare, my friend, that you do not hate the Jews, you are merely 'anti-Zionist.' And I say, let the truth ring forth from the high mountain tops, let it echo through the valleys of God's green earth: When people criticize Zionism, they mean Jews--this is God's own truth.
and
"Antisemitism, the hatred of the Jewish people, has been and remains a blot on the soul of mankind. In this we are in full agreement. So know also this: anti-Zionist is inherently antisemitic, and ever will be so.
Commenter nooneinparticular says that the quotes capture Dr. King's essential message on Jew hatred but are in fact not direct quotes. He cites: Camera. My readers keep me honest when I err. Thanks for fact checking my ass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While I agree with the sentiments expressed, I think you might want to check on that quote.

Interesting analysis. Good work. I'll be back.