Friday, March 04, 2005

Is your PID tuned?

As you can see I have been busy (or is it lazy) lately. Press of work and all that.

What I have done is figure out a more scientific way to tune motor control PID loops than the current hit or miss system.

I did the work (an a very nice piece it was too) for a customer who couldn't see the advantages of making the work of his customers easier. The same old refrain - "well we do it the way it has always been done". Or "its traditional".

So if any motor control guys out there are interested in making things easier for themselves or their customers give me a holler. On top of that there is no need for an immediate redesign from the traditional methods. A few experiments and a calculator could put you into the future.

Contact me if you have an interest.

No comments: