Wednesday, December 01, 2004

The Ezekiel Project

I got an e-mail the other day suggesting I visit this site and learn more about the Ezekiel Water Project. (there is an outstanding picture at this url)

It seems like a very good idea. Take water from the Mediterranian and let it flow into the Dead Sea which is 400 meters below sea level.

It is called the Ezekiel Project because the prophet Ezekiel saw this in a dream 2,500 years ago.

Ezek 47:3-12

3 As the man went eastward with a measuring line in his hand, he measured off a thousand cubits and then led me through water that was ankle-deep. 4 He measured off another thousand cubits and led me through water that was knee-deep. He measured off another thousand and led me through water that was up to the waist. 5 He measured off another thousand, but now it was a river that I could not cross, because the water had risen and was deep enough to swim in-a river that no one could cross. 6 He asked me, "Son of man, do you see this?"
The project would renew the Dead Sea. Allow aqua culture. Generate electrical power. And enable the construction and powering of desalinization plants.

All in all a very good deal.

No comments: