Sunday, November 07, 2004

I guess they have too many votes

I'm now in official opposition

I said before the election, to my friend Roger Simon, that if Bush pushed policies I didn't care for I was planning to go into opposition as soon as the policies were proposed.

That didn't take long. It appears that Bush is pushing his gay marriage ban again.

I guess Bush has too many RINOs in his coalition.

Didn't he learn anything from the Alan Keyes fiasco? The so called cultural issues are not as popular as Bush. He is working to peel his support.

And over at the National Review they are trying to push Arlen Specter out of the party.

I guess they have too many votes.

--==--

23:23z

Newt Gingrich echoes my sentiments.

Gingrich, who engineered the 1994 Republican victory in Congress, said party gains could be short-lived unless steps are taken to build on Tuesday's winning coalition. "The Republicans will determine whether this is a high-water mark or a launching pad," he told Reuters in an interview.


09:39z 08 Nov 2004

The Diplomaid makes a point that it is unwise for us to have one party that is too strong. Maybe this should be as good as it gets? Maybe it is time the middle took over the Democrat Party? Right now they seem lost.

17:45z

Insta Pundit points out this fine Virginia Postrel piece on why a party of moral scolds is not a good bet. When the Republicans go down that road they lose. When the Democrats go down that road they lose. She points out that according to exit polling 60% favor gay marriage. Well outside the margin of error even for unreliable exit polling.

No comments: